Simpson Bay Marina Amenities
With an array of amenities to choose from, this marina in St. Maarten is ready to welcome you with open arms and provide you with everything you need while you're island hopping throughout the Caribbean.
Choose from our amenities below for more information.
Located at our sister facility, The Yacht Club at Isle De Sol, is the newly renovated Fat Turtle Bar & Restaurant. Featuring international cuisine and an eclectic bar menu, Fat Turtle hosts several events, including superyacht crew parties, throughout the year. Take-away services are available at the Marina restaurant should you prefer to sample the delights of our local restaurant on-board your vessel. Fat Turtle Bar & Restaurant – T : +1 721 544 2408 ext 5014. It’s also the venue for the IGY St. Maarten Season Opening Crew Party, our famous New Year's Crew Party, and a local favorite, “Carnival on the Bay.”
Both the Dutch and French sides of St. Maarten/St. Martin offer a wide variety of dining options, with Dutch St. Maarten having over 300 restaurants to choose from. No other Caribbean island offers such an array of restaurants per capita. Truth be told, the standards are so high on both sides of this tiny island that restaurateurs are unable to get away with mediocrity for long. Prices in St. Martin restaurants include taxes and a 15% service charge, but you may want to add an extra gratuity if the service warrants it. Rates are quoted in either euros or dollars, depending on how establishments quoted them at press time. For those who want to venture out, we can recommend a wide variety of restaurants and bars within walking distance or a short taxi ride away. Please contact marina office at +1 721 544 2309. Email: SBM@igymarinas.com
Just across the way, our sister property, The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol, provides our Simpson Bay Marina guests complete access to all property amenities. Enjoy the beautifully renovated crystal blue swimming pool with sun loungers available for your enjoyment. Please contact the marina office for access.
Our sister facility, The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol, has two (2) tennis courts, so if you're looking to play tennis, you're in for a grand slam. Suitable for both singles and doubles matches under the brilliant blue sky with a great view of the hillside stretching above, the courts are also lit for night play. Simpson Bay Marina guests can access by checking in with the marina office.
Tennis Pros are available for tennis lessons and must be reserved in advance. Courts are open seven (7) days a week and loaner rackets are also available. Please be sure to schedule at the marina office.
Stay fit while at the marina with the fully equipped gym at our sister facility, The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol, free for every crew member, captain, owner, and guest in port. Personal trainers are also available upon request. Sign up at the marina office for Yoga and Zumba classes also available at The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol.
We look forward to seeing you there.
- Watch amazing 747 landings and take-offs at Maho Beach
- Fly through the trees at Loterie Farm's Fly Zone canopy ride made of zip lines and tree obstacles that take about an hour and a half to complete. Closed on Mondays
- Taste the thrill of racing on the America's Cup Yacht, "Stars & Stripes"
- Celebrate St. Maarten Carnival every year in April/Early May
- Experience the wonders of our coral reefs with mask, snorkel, and fins
- Glide over coral reefs in a kayak
- Captain your own inflatable craft on St. Maarten's best new adventure
- Visit the Butterfly Farm featuring hundreds of rare & exotic butterflies
- Get up close and personal with 100lb marlin on your fishing charter expedition
- Shopping! The entire island is a duty-free shopping paradise
- Golfing! Mullet Bay Golf Course has 18 holes surrounded by water and palm trees
- A day in paradise - enjoy the scenic ferry ride to Anguilla and snorkel the reefs of Sandy Island
- Go horseback riding along the beach
- Experience the wonders under the waves in air-conditioned comfort in a semi-submarine
- Test your technique with a water skiing lesson
- Dash through turquoise waters on a jet ski
- Try kite surfing to feed your need for speed
- Don't forget to visit a few of St. Maarten's 37 beaches
Please don't hesitate to contact the marina office for recommendations or assistance.
This St. Maarten marina and its surrounding area has a small selection of retail outlets, including a small supermarket, which offers a selection of clothing, gifts, and wine & beer.
A duty-free chandlery stocking a wide range of items to meet your boating needs is also on-site where spare parts can be imported duty-free, if required.
Visit the nearby Philipsburg on the Dutch side of the island or Marigot on the French side for some fantastic shopping. From high end brands to our local markets, there is something for everyone, on either side of the island.
Also for your convenience, there is a Bank of Nova Scotia with 24/7 ATM on-site, open during the week from 8am to 3:30pm.
Simpson Bay Marina offers secure shower facilities available to marina guests in two easily accessible locations. Access is gained by using the code issued by reception upon your arrival. Storage lockers are also available.